North Park Street
The Soldiers Memorial Building was built from 1886-1890 by Civil War Veterans as a memorial to their comrades and as a free public library. After the library moved to another building in 1909, the first floor was converted into a war museum.
The building now serves as a memorial to veterans of all wars. The Memorial chamber, a consecrated chapel, contains marble tablets with the names of all Lebanon’s Civil War Veterans.
The building appears to be the first of its use in New Hampshire. The architect was a local war veteran Ferdinand Davis. It is in Vernacular Queen Anne style.
Next: The Cooper-Dwinell House